The Quantity Surveyor will provide support to the and Project Manager to allow projects to be safely delivered on time, to budget and to achieve the highest levels of Customer satisfaction, enabling the Company’s objectives to be achieved. The Quantity Surveyor will also assist the Contract Manager in providing commercial expertise for projects to maximise returns by working within robust procedures to support the Operations Manager and Project Managers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Identifying, evaluating, and assessing risks & opportunities.
· Takes ownership and administers contacts / subcontracts on a day-to-day basis.
· Manages subcontract / supplier final account settlements.
· Ensures timely submission of contractual notifications.
· Provides timely updates in respect of project financial status, including forecast out-turn position, of project subcontractors / key supplier accounts.
· Attends Project meetings with Site, Customer and at their Office premises or construction sites.
· Takes ownership and management of Project Change Management and Claims, relating to both the main Contract with our Customers and our subcontractors / key suppliers.
· Collaborates and effectively communicates with the wider Project team, giving contractual advice relative to the successful execution of the Project.
· Supports the procurement department by advising on and drafting contractual terms and conditions for the placement of Project Subcontract work packages.
· Liaises with contracts team, reviewing and evaluating subcontract terms and conditions aligned to our main customer contracts.
· Identifying, evaluating, and following up on all events relevant for incoming and outgoing claims / compensation events.
· Collecting, preparing, analysing, and managing relevant claim / variation particulars for the preparation and drafting, or defence, of submissions to / from our Customers and subcontractors / key suppliers, in line with contract timescales.
· Performing quantum and/or delay analyses to establish causation for relevant events impacting the scope of works or project schedule.
· Provides contractual advice and support to our Project teams regarding the effective execution of customer contracts and subcontracts.
· Pursuing and / or defending incoming and outgoing claims; including the collation of relevant project records, documentation and appropriate evidence / facts, through to satisfactory conclusion.
· Establishing and substantiating cause and effect necessary to demonstrate entitlement to quantum and / or additional time under the customer contract.
· Actively builds positive relationships with our Customer and Subcontract / Key Supplier teams.
· Management of payment application and invoicing processes in accordance with project timescales.
· Pursual of overdue and late payments.
· Administering payments to subcontractors and suppliers in accordance with their respective terms and production of payment notices / pay less notices in accordance with requirements of the contract and legislation.
· Production, updating and monitoring of cashflow.
· Management of project budgets and tracking of non-conformance costs.
· Presentation of monthly cost value reconciliation and financial reports.
· Developing and improving contract and claim management processes and strategies.
· Local and/or international travel will be required.
· Support members of the project in the day to day management and delivery of the project.
· Demonstrate effective contract and commercial management.
· Administration and management of various Contract forms, to Subcontractors, Suppliers and Customer’s.
· Preparation of project related correspondence such as letters, notices and submissions.
· Disputes, issue management, Ad-hoc problem solving.
· Variations, dispute, and final account management.
· Risk and opportunity identification and management.
· Refer to Key Area’s above for detailed description.
· All Contracts are placed in accordance with company Contracting Principles.
· Back-to-back Terms and Conditions are flowed to subcontractors and vessel owners where applicable.
· Risks are managed or mitigated, and opportunities are realized.
· All Non-Disclosure Agreements are in place as required including back-to-back agreements with subcontractors etc.
· Charter parties are entered into in a timely manner.
· Company and subcontractor insurances align with contractual/industry/general risk requirements.
· Project teams are fully informed during contract handover and fully supported throughout contract delivery.
· Customer and subcontractor contract lifecycle is managed from contract award through to close out including performance, dispute resolution, variation orders and final account close out.
· Experience in Quantity Surveying / Contract Management and/or commercial project management.
· Knowledge and familiarity with a variety of Onshore and/or Offshore Construction and Engineering Forms of Contract.
· Experience onshore/offshore EPCI construction and/or FIDIC Yellowbook would be advantageous.
· Experience in setting up and negotiating terms and conditions of subcontracts / main contracts.
· Experience in project budgeting, financial management of risk, opportunities, and claims.
· Chartered Quantity Surveyor would be advantageous (RICS / CICES).
· Competent in Claim Management.
· Commercially Competent including understanding the principles of contract law.
· Competent in working collaboratively and cooperatively within a project team environment.
· Experience using Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft office packages.
· Awareness of Accounting guidelines and procedures.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Competent negotiator.
Education and Qualifications Specific to Role
Desirable Qualifications or Equivalent Experience
– University / Bachelor degree, preferably within Quantity Surveying, Law, Administration, Business or Engineering