Mission and Main Objectives:
The main day-to-day tasks are varied but heavily emphasized on the responsibility of coordinating the supply chain for raw materials, accountable for the subsequent account performance and first line supervision of Supply Chain Controllers and Supply Chain Assistants.
The role involves a high degree of customer and supplier liaison, as well as including the recording, management and reporting of sales information by the Materials Team; thereby requiring a high level of communication, coordination and excellent customer service skills. As the role is that of end-to-end account management, a great deal of job ownership and responsibility is required.
Outline and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day supervision of Materials operation.
- Coordinate supply chain in line with global Nitco processes.
- Assist the Sales Team with quotations for SPOT business and commercial changes to ongoing business.
- Daily supervision of logistics including arranging shipping, transport and warehousing.
- Participate and supervise the building and preservation of relationships with customers, suppliers and 3PL providers.
- Ensure accurate operational financial forecasts on a monthly and annual basis.
- Maintain inventory levels in accordance to global standards.
- Support the company to develop new methodologies and operational flows.
- Produce reports for management on performance of all stakeholders.
- Coordinate new project introductions.
- Coordinate progress reviews and process improvement activities.
- Support the delivery of the team’s functional objectives and targets.
- Ensure compliance to all Global standards and targets.
- Supervise the performance of people effectively, in relation to their required level.
- Control of NAV system.
- Any other reasonable duty requested by management, relevant to the role.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Experience working within the international Supply chain management.
- Experience of logistics.
- Overseeing / Management of a supply chain.
- Good knowledge of MRP systems and customer service skills
- Computer literate (incl. excel, word, outlook, etc)
- Good problem-solving skills and an ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work unsupervised and using own initiative to complete task.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, dealing with people from different functional areas and cultures.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work to tight deadlines.