Our Client immediately needs a Mechanical QS at Hinkley Point for approx. 4 months. We will be looking more favourably at those who have experience in boiler making / plating and mechanical equipment such as installation of Pumps, motors and static equipment e.g. pressure vessels and exchangers. They will be expected to review packages of work which have already been estimated and review the current scope and provide activity lists and manhours for the differences.
Working Pattern – 40hrs Monday to Thursday based at the HPC site and 5hrs on Friday either at the HPC site, Pembroke Office or working from home. There may be opportunities to work additional hours.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Remeasuring – mechanical equipment quantities, weights etc, and applying norms/estimates to the to derive man-hours to identify where there has been a change from initial estimate and recalculation of the Project Contract values
- Change – identification of change with various mechanical equipment packages (Variations, Compensation Events, claims etc.) and ensuring notifications within time limits. Preparation of cost and/or programme impacts associated with such change, and liaising with the planning team as required. Negotiating with the client in relation to such change, where applicable. Approves of change and obtaining approval of the necessary department managers through the assigned lead project team members and advising these personnel of budget and schedule impacts;
- Budgeting – review of tender allowances and subsequent base-lining of the budget. Management of the budget to reflect any change, and identification of areas of over & under recovery. Validate quantities of tender estimate, preparing quantities, re-measure quantities, and ensuring alignment on final quantities and costs;
- Cost Reporting – preparation and review of costs and accruals, and preparation of cost and sales forecasts, together with other project control reviews with the appropriate project team members. Preparation of monthly Project Review;
- Risk – development of risk management plan, and suitable management of inherent risks. Performing periodic review and updating the risk management plan throughout project;
- Communication – maintaining positive communications with client and project team, ensuring resolution of problems as they arise with a view to securing suitable solutions.
- Meetings – facilitate commercial meetings to review project status with client, other contracts/subcontractors, and facilitate any ad hoc commercial meetings as required;
- Subcontracts – working with subcontractors to further develop estimates, and verify change;
- Assist the Project Manager and/or other departments as required;
- Prepare and produce reports and information as requested by the Commercial Manager / Director.
- Managers & Directors
- Client Personnel
- Other employees