Our Cork office are delighted to be expanding their commercial team with the addition of a Quantity Surveyor who will be part of a project team that will be traveling to and responsible for client developments in Ireland, UK and Europe.
This is an exciting growth opportunity with our client where you will be working with a long-established client relationship and must have the flexibility to travel across Ireland and UK regularly with further potential for European travel.
Working alongside the Commercial Manager, you will be working within & assisting the commercial & construction team to ensure a successful project is delivered, while maintaining relationships, maximising commercial returns and manage risk.
You will be:
- Preparing tenders, analysing, selecting appropriate s/cs, negotiation & finalise s/c orders, financial & commercial management of s/cs to Final Account completion.
- Managing and reporting of forecasts, target, reconciliations, site records, document control, variation reporting, valuations, assisting in the site records & document control
- Liaise with & commercially influence/challenge site management team whilst maintaining & protecting JSS commercial & contractual entitlement
- Manage & oversee AQS & TQS, checking & taking responsibility for their work & sign-off SMM/measurement issues
You will have:
- 2+ years experience as a Quantity Surveyor in building construction
- Completed a third level qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Excellent communication, negotiation and computer skills
- Experience building and maintaining supplier relationships