If you are a Quality professional looking for an opportunity to grow, our client has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our North Shields, UK location, this position provides the opportunity to work with a team of Quality Professionals developing efficient, quality standards for our manufacturing teams. This role is within our Rupture Disc core business unit and is ideal for someone who has a passion for quality, health, safety, and innovation that leads to new ideas, along with strong collaboration.
The role will participate in all aspects of developing, implementing, and maintaining agreed
QHSE and other operating standards across the business. Working as part of an integrated
QHSE team, collaborating with all business teams, customers, and site/SHE representatives.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Carry out acceptance inspection of manufactured goods (internal & external) to customer and design specifications.
- Support the QHSE team to achieve control, monitoring and implementation of QHSE and contract governance in line with company policies and procedures.
- Help develop, maintain and improve the business Integrated Management System to underpin QHSE and operating standards
- Reviewing QHSE risks and escalating where appropriate
- Support the training and development of all staff to ensure awareness and understanding of QHSE Standards and the relevance to business objectives.
- Support business focus for accident and incident reporting and assist with subsequent investigation process; provide trend analysis to Management Team to support and provide focus for driving positive behaviours and culture within the business.
- Participate in the development of Business Continuity Plans and participate in any tabletop or live exercises to test the plans.
- Monitor, audit and report on business QHSE performance and provide assurance to Contract, site management and client management teams.
- Support the maintenance of quality, safety and environmental systems; including the implementation and audit process to achieve compliance with ISO 9001, 14001 and ISO 45001.
- Support the management of supply chains and compliance with QHSE standards through ‘Point of Work Assessments’, audit and review of operating practice and systems.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Robust knowledge and understanding of Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation & best practice. Acceptance to undertake appropriate industry specific qualifications (NEBOSH & IEMA, Auditor Training)
- Experienced QA Inspector with experience of manufacturing engineering practices.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining QHSE systems across a manufacturing engineering business
- Role Model for Managing Change and good analytical skills.
- Excellent IT skills across Microsoft Office
- Experience and understanding of PED & ASME standards
- Formal quality training -prefer IQA qualification
- Commercial understanding of FM Management contracts and operational business processes
Health & Safety:
- Ensure compliance with Company Health & Safety policies, procedures, and good practices.