If you are a Quality professional looking for an opportunity to grow, our client has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our North Shields, UK location, this position provides the opportunity to work with a team of Quality Professionals developing efficient, quality standards for our manufacturing teams. This role is within our Rupture Disc core business unit and is ideal for someone who has a passion for quality, health, safety, and innovation that leads to new ideas, along with strong collaboration.
Job Summary: Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of quality management and associated standards across the business. Working as part of a team to champion quality standards across the business and support commercial efforts.
Reports to: Quality Manager
- Works with the Quality Manager to achieve control, monitoring and implementation of QMS and contract governance in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Lead projects to embed continuous improvement activities, methodologies and mindset.
- Develop, maintain and improve the business Integrated Management System to underpin quality and operating standards.
- Review quality risks and escalate where appropriate.
- Support the training and development of all staff to ensure awareness and understanding of quality standards and the relevance to business objectives.
- Manage internal audits, customer complaints and internal non-conformances, ensuring corrective and preventative actions are met and outcomes are appropriately communicated.
- Monitor, audit and report on business quality performance and assist the Quality Manager to provide assurance to contract, site management and client management teams.
- Maintain quality, safety and environmental systems, implement and audit compliance with ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001
- Support the management of supply chain and compliance with QHSE standards through audits and review of operating practice and systems.
- Manage the calibration system to ensure all equipment is maintained to the standard required.
- Some travel required for supplier audits and training (full driving license required)
- Working within precision engineering/manufacturing environments
- Implementing and maintaining quality systems across a manufacturing/engineering business
- Management of change and good analytical skills
- Management and maintaining client and stakeholder relationships.
- Understanding PED, ASME and ATEX standards
- Understanding of FMEA and other root cause analysis techniques
- Understanding of APQP, PPAP, TS16949, and AS9100 requirements
- Understanding of lean manufacturing tools
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant technical field.
- Trained auditor
- Ability to work manage multiple tasks and prioritize workflow.
- Clear, articulate communication skills both oral and written. Numerically literate
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in business systems e.g. ERP, CRM etc.
- Good presentation skills.
Health & Safety:
- Ensure compliance with Company Health & Safety policies, procedures and good practices.
- Assist the HSE officer in implementation of the HSE system.