Operations – Projects
Our Project Managers are responsible for managing all aspects of the project from conception to execution, including the people, contract, timings, costs and risk management all in accordance with applicable internal standards, procedures, systems and local legislation. Our project managers are highly motivated, organised, and personable individuals, who possesses a proactive approach in their work. This role reports directly to the Operations Director. Part of this role may
require travel to manufacturing sites across the UK and internationally.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
· Be the main projects point of contact for clients and customers globally.
· Be responsible for taking the lead throughout the full project lifecycle, delegating accordingly to the projects team and wider business stakeholders as required.
· Ensure all projects are prepared and executed at best cost, on-time and in accordance with client and company specifications.
· Ensure the projects team are organised and equipped to deliver all projects to agreed timescales, costs etc.
· Manage the fulfilment of the technical requirement of each project by close liaison with the relevant teams.
· Work closely with stakeholder teams such as sales and engineering to ensure timescales and commitments are progressing as expected, providing thorough updates and intervention where required.
· Coach others within the Operations team, sharing best practice, knowledge, and expertise.
· Manage supplier costs and seek best value for project expenditure.
· Ensure all delivery logistics are planned and to coordinate project resources to ensure efficient and effective planning and execution of production by liaising with production manager and ensuring plans are correct and robust.
· Take a proactive approach to problem solving, delegating tasks to the wider team where required..
· Ensure completion of relevant paperwork and certificates to client.
· Manage the fulfilment of the technical requirement for each Project by close liaison with the technical design manager/team.
· Liaise and work with the Sales team and where input required, assisting with the commercial requirement and ensuing all quotes and all costs for the quote maximise return for the company.
· Manage any required follow up process for bids and ensure the team are doing this in a timely manner.
· When required, provide advice and assistance for bids to ensure these are accurate and correct, while giving the client the best solution, provide maximum profitability for the company.
· Uphold and live the Group values; Work Together, Do Things Right, Break the Boundaries.
Qualifications and Experience
• Project Management qualification such as APM or Prince2
• Degree qualified in related discipline such as civil or structural engineering or similar (desirable)
• People management experience (desirable)
• Proven experience in a project management role, ideally within the offshore wind, oil and gas or engineering industry
• Strong understanding of project costings and working closely with finance team
• Excellent commercial awareness
• Calm and diligent problem solver
• Excellent organisation skills
• Confident communicator
• Passionate about our industry