Full Time, Permanent, Manage and lead a multi-disciplined team consisting of cost controllers, planners, and quantity surveyors to support all projects this role will champion sharing learnings and drive the project controls department forward with day-to-day operations, in order to deliver all aspects of the Project life cycle from concept to operational execution. To support the Project Management Operations to deliver the successful completion of the project, on time, safely and within budget by engaging with internal and external teams whilst maintaining the client relationship.
- Have at least 5 years of project management or project controls experience, ideally in Offshore Wind, Construction or Engineering industries.
- Have completed engineering, business, and project management training and development.
- Strong working knowledge of technical disciplines sufficient to coordinate internal subject matter experts and resources.
- Strong organisational, leadership and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate tenacity, drive and creativity with approaching challenges and a logical solutions-orientated thinker.
- Have an amenable flair for building relationships including having the ability to lead, formally and informally, team members and cross business engagement without bias.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the PMO Manager to ensure standardised procedures are implemented within the PMO and monitored for audit.
- Driving closure of our project contracts as part of the project life cycle.
- Lead the continuous development and improvement of our project control capabilities.
- Feedback any lessons learned to the PMO Manager for every project or work scope and feedback into QHSE and the Bids & Tendering Team.
- Drive a cost and risk management culture to ensure the projects are successful, identifying early risks, liaising closely with the Finance Department and Cost Controllers.
- Establishing and management of the project control team operations including all the core activities of planning, scheduling, baselining, monitoring, control, and reporting.
- Promote and support a positive QHSE culture and support necessary project audits.
- Lead Project Controls team and liaise with the Project Management Operations to mitigate any project time, quality, and schedule constraints.
- Identifying, applying, and evaluating risk control techniques to inform the risk management process.
- Developing, setting, and managing baselines against which a project is monitored and controlled.
- Identifying trends and deviations from the original plan and recommending appropriate corrective actions.
- Work in parallel with the Project Managers, Project Engineers, Procurement, Project Resources and Finance to ensure all resources are in place and pre-planned before the project live date.
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible working