Would you like to be able to support a green company to maintain and develop its operations on the plant? Do you have excellent diagnostic skills and knowledge of mechanical systems? Then you are the perfect Maintenance Technician for our client.
As a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will have a wide range of responsibilities at our clients plant in Teesside. Overall, you will be responsible for planning, organising and undertaking corrective and reactive work and deliver improvement projects leading to increased plant reliability and cost reduction.
In specific, your tasks will be the following:
- To deliver the Planned Maintenance (PM) schedules as defined by the site maintenance plans, working to a high standard and in a cost effective manner
- To complete the Planned Maintenance inspections as defined by the site maintenance plans in a safe and effective manner;
- To plan and deliver corrective and reactive work, ensuring that tools, parts and materials are available and production downtime is minimised whilst also upholding and exceeding standards of safety ensuring that all work areas are kept tidy by adopting a ‘clean as you go’ approach at all times;
- To ensure that all plant and equipment on sites is modified and improved, as necessary, to maximise equipment availability and performance whilst still achieving output levels required to meet production demands;
- To complete dynamic risk assessments where necessary to ensure that safe working practices are upheld and risks reduced;
- To be aware of stock control and maintain shift paperwork to the highest standard, to complete condition reports and other documentation as defined by the maintenance strategy;
- To undertake assessments of malfunctioning equipment and provide advice to the site management team to assist and influence decision making;
- To undertake engineering project work and assist with new installations or refurbishments;
- To update and administer the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
- To contribute to problem solving workshops, providing engineering expertise to identify root causes of failures and subsequent improvement actions;
- To attend daily operational review meetings, providing updates on Planned Maintenance compliance, live defects and ongoing improvement plans.
- You have completed apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3) in appropriate engineering discipline;
- You have experience working within a processing, manufacturing or similar environment;
- You are a multi skilled Technician with strengths in Mechanical, Electrical and Fabrication
- You have knowledge of CMMS systems, purpose and functionality;
- You have a good understanding of a proactive maintenance strategy and condition monitoring;
- You are numerate and literate with the ability to produce basic reports and management data as required.
What’s in it for you
Besides being part of a dynamic and international working environment with great colleagues and atmosphere, our client offers you:
- Salary range from 34k – 42k per annum, depending on your experience;
- Fulltime, monday to friday 8 hr shifts;
- Company pension plan;
- 20 holidays + bank holidays