The Maintenance Planner reports to the Maintenance Manager. Meet site safety standards. Meet regulatory and customer quality requirements relating to ISO9001, ISO14001 and cGMP as well as the requirements of cross contamination prevention. Deliver maintenance plans, ultimately ensuring manufacturing performance.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the maintenance workflow process, including but not limited to: –
- Ensuring that any emergent work is correctly prioritised.
- Ensuring that the correct skills, equipment, spares, procedures and time estimates are allocated for each task.
- Ensuring that maintenance tasks are delivered to the Maintenance Scheduler as ‘Ready for Schedule’.
- Ensuring that all jobs are correctly closed out within the maintenance management system and any learnings captured.
- Coaching of the operating and maintenance team members on the reporting requirements necessary for effective monitoring of progress
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Scheduler: –
- Ensure that all statutory inspections are prepared, resourced and schedule to maintain compliance.
- Establish the status of tasks required to be scheduled and ensure that the resources required to perform the work are available and expedite those that are not.
- Co-ordinate all the resources, services, and material required to complete the tasks contained within the schedule.
- Identify peaks in maintenance workload and sourcing additional labour to cover.
- Interface with contractors to identify optimum resources to deliver planned and emergent work.
- Ensuring that repairable engineering equipment is managed through the overhaul process.
- The work will be multi-discipline, estimation is that the split will be 90% mechanical, 10% instrument/electrical.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental standards are maintained throughout the delivery of work.
- LTAs/accident rate/sickness rate within the mechanical group.
Core Skills / Competencies
- Preferably time served craftsman with around ten years’ experience post apprenticeship.
- Organisational skills – real-time schedule updating, medium-to-long term scheduling, situational awareness to ensure that maintenance opportunities arising from outages or breakdowns are used to advantage, project planning
Team Building & Incentive
- Maintenance KPIs such as planned maintenance compliance, safety critical maintenance/defects close out, right first time, planning accuracy
- Communicate and coordinate with production related departments.
- Follow corporate regulations to maintain confidentiality on sensitive information.
- Head of Reliability and Maintenance
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Supervisors
- Senior Mechanical Fitter
- Shift Maintenance Technician
- Maintenance Technician
- Mechanical Fitter
- Mechanical Maintenance Apprentice
- Maintenance Scheduler
Skills & Qualifications
- Time served mechanical craftsman
- Managerial skills – prioritisation, real-time awareness of job progress, short-to-medium term scheduling to deliver objectives.
- Technical skills – knowledge of enhanced maintenance techniques and advantage
- Five years’ experience post apprenticeship.
- Working on a COMAH chemical processing site or similar