· Develop base of design and scope documents and drawings.
· Undertake full mechanical design including drawings, specifications and schedules and ensure compliance with the applicable standards and industry guides.
· Undertake pipe and duct calculations using applicable software.
· Attendance at client and design team meetings.
· Review of the co-ordinated construction drawings and documentation.
· Review and respond to technical submittals.
· Review and respond to RFI’s.
· Detailed review of specialist supplier packages for compliance with project specification and applicable industry standards.
· Review BCAR preliminary inspection plan and coordinate with the quality team.
· Perform BCAR site inspections and reports.
· Monitor LEED and BREEAM requirements and submittals as required.
· Assistance with client demonstrations.
· Review and provide attendance during commissioning stage.
· Support the estimation team with key tenders. This would involve design reviews and verification.
· Support the preconstruction team with design reviews, equipment selection and coordination workshops.
Your education & experience requirements
· A Level 7 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical design engineering or a similar role.
· Strong understanding of mechanical systems from a design and construction perspective.
· Capable of working as part of a team and on own initiative.
· Good knowledge of the current CIBSE and Building Regulations.
· Knowledge of key engineering software packages such as AuotCAD, Revit and Navisworks.
Other similar jobs that might interest you