As a key member of the Manufacturing Management team, ensure the Workshops achieve their production schedule, safely, efficiently, and compliantly. Monitor and maintain the performance of site assets to ensure they are performing at maximum efficiency and output including delivering a total preventative maintenance program. Support the site engineering team with process and equipment improvements.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Key accountability for equipment performance and reliability in the Workshops (OEE champion for Availability)
- Lead the site maintenance team to provide both a responsive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure
- Key accountability for the performance and management of a multi-skilled maintenance team (Mechanical, Electrical and Instruments)
- Assist the Plant Engineers with delivery of process changeover within the Workshops
- Coordinate Maintenance Technician resource to ensure all emergent and planned maintenance activities are delivered on time
- Coordinate Maintenance Technician resource to ensure changeover activity hits target start up date
- Increase the site operational effectiveness by effective project delivery, lengthening mean time between failures and reducing downtime
- Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
Skills & Qualifications
- HNC / HND in a relevant engineering discipline or time served in an applicable role
- Relevant engineering degree
- Highly driven and self motivated individual who enjoys leading teams
- KPI focused
- Familiarity with Main saver (CMMS)
- Organised with excellent multitasking capability
- Clear delegator who works well under pressure
- Understanding of the requirements of a top tier COMAH site and the implications for engineering
- RCA practitioner
- Microsoft core package competent
- Extensive experience of maintenance management/ supervision on a Top Tier COMAH site.
- Managing multiskilled maintenance teams