Principal duties and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the field mechanical repair, service, hire, installation and commissioning of rotating plant across our large client base for service and general maintenance. Mainly Blower and Vacuum pumps and associated equipment.
- Conduct detailed site surveys for equipment upgrades and servicing with the use of manual tools and fixture work for stripping and repairing low pressure blowers and vacuum pumps.
- Ensure adherence to company environmental, health and safety standards in compliance with company policies to ensure a safe working environment and the minimization of environmental impact.
- Being responsible for the identification and rectification of mechanical (and electrical) faults on blowers and vacuum pumps on many technologies and brands.
- Post site activities such as completion of service engineer reports, feedback to internal coordinators with high level of detail on further remedial work and recommended actions.
- Well organised and good time keeping.
- Fully competent in all mechanical engineering processes
- Customer-focused and driven to provide consistently high service levels
- Prepared to travel both in the UK and work away occasionally from home with other engineers
- Ability to work on own initiative and self-manage in remote locations.
- Diplomatic and proactive problem solver
- BTEC/NVQ and recognised apprenticeship minimum
- Technical knowledge of engineering or blowers, vacuum pumps and compressors is a plus but not essential.
- Good computer literacy is essential with knowledge of Microsoft Office suites
- Full clean UK Driving License
- First Aid, Fire, Asbestos, COSHH, and COMAH, ATEX (not essential), CNSG, Confined space, Water Hygiene card an advantage but not essential
- Basic electrical or control experience advantage.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Performance based merit increase
- 25 days annual leave
- Medical cashback scheme
- Share scheme (after 1 year service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development