ELECTRICAL PROJECT ENGINEER
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION:
We are searching for a reliable, detail-orientated electrical project engineer to join our team. The electrical project engineer’s responsibilities include reviewing all engineering design plans, performing complex calculations, designing and constructing electrical systems and their components, liaising with other engineers, and maintaining relationships with clients, vendors, and other stakeholders. You should be able to stick to the allocated budget and deliver a system that is reliable, robust and of high quality.
To be successful as an electrical project engineer, you should possess an analytical mind and a high aptitude for physics and math. Outstanding candidates are superb problem solvers with a passion for science.
- Analysing technical drawings, interpreting specifications, and determining the electrical requirements of a given project.
- Manage the design, development, testing and implementation of integrated electrical control systems and systems components, including switchgear, power distribution systems, motor control, protective relays, and automation systems.
- Liaising with other engineers and clients to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Manage projects through all phases of design, construction, testing, and commissioning.
- Manage design changes and integration issues.
- Develop project schedules and work plans to minimize construction timeline.
- Ensuring health and safety codes are always obeyed.
- Completing quality assurance on all electrical components and projects and writing up reports.
- Using CAD software to draft designs.
- Maintain calibration and maintenance logs.
- Maintain documentation including drawings, diagrams and test reports.
- Analysing and approving various construction and engineering plans.
- Diagnosing problems and troubleshooting equipment.
- Ensuring all deadlines and budgetary requirements are met.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in electrical & electronics engineering.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SPECIALIST SKILLS:
- BEng (Hons) degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering, or similar.
- Chartered Engineer is desirable.
- Proven experience as an Electrical Project Engineer within an industrial project engineering environment.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills with knowledge of relevant electrical codes.
- Experience with CAD software and MS Office.
- A sound understanding of health and safety regulations.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Excellent time management and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to work in a team and remain professional at all times.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in the marine/offshore/oil & gas industry is desirable but not required.
· Project Management & Operations
· Finance and Procurement
· Technology Partners
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative problem solving – able to suggest and develop new methods and ways of working – Our client is developing a new subsea industry with UIDs and leading the paradigm shift!
- Sound communication skills – able to communicate ideas and results to various stakeholders both in written reports and in meetings, presentations etc.
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually with a minimum of supervision.
- The ability to organize and prioritize own work and as such have responsibility for discrete work packages ongoing simultaneously.
- Understanding of clients’ needs and ability to suggest and apply “fit for purpose” solutions.