Our client is a well-established Civil and Structural Consultancy Practice based in Chester-Le Street, County Durham and Teesside working across all Sectors. Our growing and demanding workload dictates the need for a talented Civil / Structural Technician in our Teesside office, and to assist where required at the Chester-Le-Street office.
We offer the opportunity for further training and advancement opportunities for a technician looking for a long-term move.
We seek a candidate with the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Act with integrity, and due diligence.
- The ability to work as part as a team both collaboratively and co-operatively.
- Proven experience in the use of CAD to produce civil and/or structural engineering drawings including details in concrete, masonry, steelwork and timber.
- Manage and document control in-coming/out-going models & drawing information.
- Manage their workload and be accountable for ensuring that deliverables are of the necessary quality expected of them.
- Ability to prepare models, drawings and details fit for purpose.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The ability to respond quickly to changing circumstances whilst maintaining a clear view of overall priorities.
- The ability to work under pressure and ensure deadlines are met, whilst delivering high quality work.
- The ability to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and clients.
Desirable Skills and Interest:
- Project delivery and attention to detail.
- Design coordination.
- Knowledge and experience of BIM authoring applications such as Revit.
- Reinforced Concrete Detailing.
- Experience in Civil 3D.
- Highways and drainage experience.
- An interest in achieving IStructE/ ICE & gaining EngTech status.
- Relevant qualification such as HNC, but not essential. Location:
- The successful candidate will be predominantly based at our Teesside office. There may be a requirement to work from our Chester-Le-Street Office on occasion.
- The successful candidate will be expected to visit project sites throughout the UK as and when required.
- Contract Type: Permanent – Full time 37.5 hours per week with a flexible working scheme.
- Very competitive salary package, dependent upon experience.
- We offer a flexible time working scheme in which up to 12 additional days leave can be taken throughout the year.
- Following 12 months service we offer a modest bonus scheme twice yearly, subject to business and personal performance.
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme contribution.