Civil & Structural Engineer – Newcastle
My client is a well-established Civil and Structural Consultancy based in Chester-Le-Street, Co Durham, working across all sectors but primary pharmaceutical, industrial, commercial, and educational, for blue chip clients with national and international recognition. Project sizes are generally between £0.5 million to £125 million with occasional smaller projects.
Due to a significant number of contacts being won we have a requirement for a civil and structural engineer who is a chartered or aiming to be a chartered member of the either the IStructe or ICE.
We require a capable and talented individual to grow with our company and offer a very competitive salary. We offer the opportunity for further training and significant further advancement within the organisation for a chartered or near chartered engineer looking for a long term move.
We seek a candidate with varied experience including:
· Evaluation of alternative design solutions.
· Design using common building materials including steel, concrete, timber, and masonry structures from concept stage through to completion.
· Good working knowledge of drainage and highways design is advantageous, i.e., the ability to develop a drainage, and road design through to completion.
· Excellent written, and spoken English is required, as you will be expected to meet clients, and discuss/present designs and deliverables.
· NBS style specification writing.
· Use of structural analysis and design software, knowledge of TEKLA software including structural designer and/ or master series would be advantageous.
· Prepared to represent the company as a client liaison when the need arises.
· Co-ordinating and communicating with other engineering and construction disciplines outside my client. This includes coordination of services with structural designs.
· Ability to manage projects independently from inception to completion and work within agreed budgets and timeframes with a proactive and positive approach.
· Direct, manage and support a team of technicians with project focused deliverables and individual development.