The successful candidate must have experience of providing legal advice and assistance on a varied child care caseload including care proceedings, child arrangements and special guardianship orders. The ideal candidate must have the ability to conduct their own advocacy both in the Magistrates and County Court. Law Society panel membership desirable.
· Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive with at least 2 years PQE.
· Law Society panel membership or working towards although not essential, would be an advantage
· Ability to run own caseload from start to finish with sound knowledge and a proven track record.
· Willing to actively market and seek out new instructions to expand and develop the existing department.
· Experience of using a case management system together with practical knowledge and use of IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
· Good verbal and written communication skills together with an organised and methodical approach to working with excellent attention to detail.
· A polite, cheerful attitude, particularly when meeting clients.
· A committed and self-motivated individual who can work as part of a professional, friendly team.