Our client is a specialist energy and water management company, established in 2012, that operates in the UK, Germany, Spain, Holland and India. Our client is part of the Eneraqua Technologies Group plc.
In the UK, our client specialises in energy efficiency investment projects and the decarbonisation of heat, adding value to its clients in a number of ways from high quality project design and delivery to technical consultancy services.
We are a market leader in the UK for Communal and District Heating across a range of technologies including air and ground source heat pumps, and have an extensive portfoilio of public sector clients.
The business has a strong can-do ethos with a passion for making things happen. Our client is expanding its operations in the London & the South East and is seeking a Business Development Manager to drive growth across its largest business area, Domestic Energy, in this region
Purpose of the Job
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will extensively network across London and the South-East to find new customers for heat decarbonisation delivery projects and energy efficiency programmes, developing a repeat client base. The BDM will be responsible for securing new opportunities and converting them into contract.
As the BDM you will work closely with our bid team to identify and develop new opportunities, both from tenders and from direct business/solution development with Clients for direct award. You will also work closely with the Account Manager to ensure existing Client relationships are maintained and customers are delighted with our service, as well as leveraging our clients existing client base to drive repeat business, lead finding and writing high value bids and developing proposals.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage your own expanded network of repeat social housing clients in the London / South-East region for communal and district heating retrofit projects
- Develop proposals for new heat decarbonisation projects including technology appraisals and commercials
- Produce high quality written responses, commercial models & administration for tenders
- Lead proposal / tender strategy for all new domestic opportunities in London & South East, in liaison with the Head of Energy
- Interrogate proposal commercials, delivery plan and proposed supply chain to ensure solutions are robust and commercially viable
- Liaise closely with Engineering and Operations team to develop optimum client solutions
- Plan, contribute and manage our clients lead generation activities in region
- Develop and attend industry events
- Manage pipeline of allocated / developed accounts and provide regular updates to the Head of Energy
- Grow business area market share in region
- Support Delivery and Finance teams in the allocation of Project Purchase Orders from clients, invoicing and cash collection
- Educated to degree level with proven experience and success in a business development/strategy environment (minimum 3 years)
- Confidence, tenacity and personal resilience. The individual should demonstrate the focus, personal commitment and drive to ensure his/her projects meet deadlines and to the desired high standards.
- Pragmatic and decisive
- Excellent rapport building skills – both with colleagues and clients. He/she should have a track record building strong relationships with a proven high quality of influence.
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written)
- Bid writing experience, ability to write high quality coherent and creative project proposals. Attention to detail, appreciation of risk and opportunity, as well as excellent co-ordination skills to align all stakeholders.
- Good commercial acumen
- Willing to travel across London / South-East England and work flexibly from home, the central London office and remotely, as required
- Highly competent user of MS Office suite including outlook, excel, word and power point
- Experience of developing energy efficiency / M&E projects
- Experience of UK social housing market
- Understanding of district heating market / heat pumps