Our Client is looking for an AUV Supervisor to join their growing team.
If you are interested please contact Paul Tutill 01642 551883.
• Preparing, testing, and operating AUVs and related equipment during pre-project, operations, and post-project activities.
• Maintaining AUVs and related systems according to the company’s IT and QHSE management systems.
• Responsible for the deployment and recovery of AUVs, i.a.w, the company’s processes, and procedures.
• Fault-finding activities, including the generation of NCRs, and UERs.
• Responsible for integrating 3rd Party survey sensors and ancillary equipment into the AUVs system and onto the vehicle.
• Responsible for mission planning activities.
• Responsible for the Quality Control of collected mission data, its correct storage, and the configuration of data outputs.
• Supervising trials and evaluation activities for AUV development and system upgrades and coordinating with AUV Fleet Coordinator.
• Assisting in additional related AUV duties as directed by your line management.
• Responsible for the successful calibration of vehicle sensors, i.a.w. Project requirements prior to commencement of operations.
• Responsible for the writing of necessary operational and project reports, including DPRs and toolbox talks.
• Assist in the development of AUV process and procedures development and technical support requests.
· Experience using survey equipment (for e.g. MBES, SSS, SBP, LiDAR, various cameras, pipe trackers, etc.) in a variety of configurations.
· Experience using a variety of communication devices (acoustic modems, radio links, optical systems, etc.) and navigation equipment (GPS, GNSS, DVL, etc.).
· Experience in hardware and software integration of standard and custom payloads, including embedded CPUs and GPUs.
· Knowledge of one (or more) embedded programming language (C/C++, Python).
· Knowledge of PHINS/DELPH INS and SPRINTNAV/JANUS and interfacing/tuning of all ancillary sensors for AUV navigation.
· Data processing experience.
· Knowledge of using Ranger/Fusion USBL/LBL.
· Experience with EIVA (online & processing).
· AUV survey experience (preferable but not essential).
· Min 5 years’ experience in the survey industry (preferably operating with AUVs) as an online surveyor (AUV Tech)
· 5+ years in the survey industry (preferably operating with AUVs) as a survey engineer (AUV Engineer)
· Proficiency in handling, installing, interfacing and calibrating electronics, electrical and mechanical equipment, and sensors.
· Practical problem-solving skills including demonstrable fault-finding techniques/resolution. Additional MTBF and reliability analysis skills would be advantageous.
· Adequate IT skills to interface and network survey equipment.
· Pro-activeness and adaptability.
· Exhibits timely decision making based on objective focused process.
· Excellent personality and a dedicated team member who can work independently as well.
· Composure under pressure, possesses mental acuity and physical fitness to work under stressful conditions.
· Diploma/HND or equivalent in relevant field(s) of Engineering (Electronics, Electrical, Software) or Computer Science (Technician-level)
· Degree or equivalent in relevant field(s) of Engineering (Electronics, Electrical, Software) (Engineer-level) or Computer Science – min 2:1
· Min 5 years (both Tech and Engineer) in survey industry, including processing survey and inspection data plus familiarity with current and emerging survey techniques/technologies.
· Possess the relevant/latest Offshore Certifications.