Objective of position
The Assistant Superintendent supports the Technical and Operations Team to optimise availability of vessels, both technically and operationally.
The Assistant Technical Superintendent reports hierarchical to the local Superintendent.
- Assist with docking / upgrade / repair projects.
- Monitor and report on fleet performance / utilisation / availability.
- Be aware and monitor budget expenditure.
- Assist and support with damage reports and insurance claims.
- Monitor implementation of new statutory and class requirements.
- Assist with monthly supply of stores / LO / FO and ordering of spares.
- Manage and process purchase orders including receipt of goods.
- Manage company filing system with service engineer reports / LO Analysis / certification etc.
- Support Technical Superintendent with procurement and identifying suitable vendors / suppliers.
- Liaise with classification and flag state for attendance.
- Be flexible on working hours and able to travel to the vessels to support and assist when required.
What type of applicant are we looking for?
- Higher Nautical college
- Seagoing experience with minimum of EOOW or held a position of similar standing for minimum 2 years.
- Other requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of Classification and Flag state requirements and certificates
- Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written
- Full clean driving licence
- Fully proficient with computers and applications
- Passion for the maritime industry
- Communicational and social skills
- Actively focusing on and achieving or exceeding results
- Taking initiative
- Technical know-how: maintaining the tugboat
- Administrative skills
- Planning and managing activities and resources efficiently and effectively to achieve goals