Dimensions and Scope:
• Reports to the Group Financial Controller.
• No direct reports, although this role significantly influences the activities of the wider finance team.
The key internal contacts of this role are:
- Finance controller and Financial accountants.
- Operational team of finance business partners.
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable managers.
- The clients corporate tax finance manager.
- Clients global SOX team members in USA and Poland.
- Other group finance contacts in UK, USA and Poland.
The key external contacts of this role are:
- PwC – external statutory and SOX auditors.
Core Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Management of year end US GAAP reporting, local UK statutory reporting and associated external group audit processes.
• Management of internal SOX programs within finance including advising control owners, testing of controls, monitoring compliance and updating controls where necessary.
• Liaison with SOX contacts within IT, global SOX team members in USA and Poland and ensuring compliance with global SOX program.
• Month end accounting and close activities including journal posting, results analytical review, balance sheet reconciliation, budgeting and forecasting.
• Participate in quarterly balance sheet review process to identify areas of risk and opportunity.
• Liaison with the clients corporation tax manager to ensure correct tax accounting within.
• Manage compliance with internal process management system including collection of monthly KPI data and documentation of work instructions.
• Participation in ad hoc projects such as revenue recognition reviews, systems implementations and changes in financial processes.
• You will be an experienced part-qualified, newly qualified or QBE accountant.
• You will have experience of month end and year end close processes, group reporting and UK statutory accounting.
• You will have experience of SOX environments and be able to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of controls and processes, and testing thereof.
• You will have the ability to work independently and be able to influence your colleagues whilst creating mutually supportive working relationships.
• You will be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, internally and externally.
• You will have the ability to organise and prioritise your workload.
• You will have the ambition to learn and develop in a supportive yet challenging environment.
• You will be thorough with attention to detail and perseverance.
• You will have an awareness of the commercial implications of accounting decisions.