1. Provide 2nd and 3rd line support interfacing with suppliers as required to resolve complex issues and agreeing solutions with Technical Design Authorities
2. Delivery of the Remedy Application Technical Support remit ensuring the availability of the function across a 24/7, 365 day pattern including on call requirements
3. Liaise with Customers on all complex issues that can not be resolved satisfactorily by 1st and 2nd line teams, taking ownership through to resolution whilst maintaining communication flow throughout
4. Ensuring the Remedy Application Infrastructure and systems are patched to the correct level required by our security accreditors.
5. Ensuring the Remedy Application, enablers and supporting infrastructure are performing within required capacity management parameters.
6. Ensuring the Remedy Application and Enabler service uptimes are within the business defined SLAs.
7. Ensuring the Remedy Application and Enabler supporting infrastructure hardware is maintained.
8. Support and undertake the installation of new or upgraded the Remedy Application and Enabler Infrastructure components, systems and services.
9. Support and evolve Operational Acceptance criteria activities
10. Support the User Acceptance Testing, User Trials and Service Commencement requirements
11. Maintain Technical Support policies, processes and tools related to the Remedy Application and Enablers
12. Undertake initiatives to strengthen the Incident Analysts knowledge and capabilities
13. Develop Continuous Improvement Plans, identify risks and undertake initiatives to improve performance quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
14. Support the Application Technical Support Manager with Vendor and Supplier technical performance and management reviews
15. Provide responses to operational escalations and complaints in an effective and professional manner.
16. Act as an external ambassador, representing and promoting UKMS to customers and suppliers through all relevant contact
17. Adhere to all relevant MSP and MSI processes.
18. Knowledge sharing, training and development within the team
19. Support the production of reports relating to the IT Technical Support team performance.
20. Identify risks to achieving performance Levels and initiate appropriate actions to mitigate.
o Able to demonstrate the key cultural principles of the Technical Support Office in terms of Collaboration with others, Achieving Service Targets and driving Continuous Improvement.
o Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, keen for new experiences and responsibilities with a clear focus on high quality and operational efficiency.
o A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and is proactive and self-driven in achieving goals and objectives.
o Mature, credible, a team payer and comfortable in dealing with key stakeholders of the role. Ie Reliable, tolerant, approachable and determined.
o Empathetic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
o Well-presented and business-like. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the UK.
o The individual must be comfortable with cultural transformation.
o A natural problem solver and logical thinker.
o 3+ years of experience in a Remedy support role, diagnosing and resolving incidents within the Remedy application to meet customer SLAs
o 3+ years of experience with, configuration and administration including SOAP web services.
o 3+ years hands on experience with build, configuration and administration of software applications.
o 3+ years of infrastructure/server administration experience in particular SSO (Single Sign On), SAML, Server Groups and Load Balancing
o Thorough understanding of the Remedy table structure including foundation (e.g CTM:People), record processing (e.g AP:Detail-Signature/HPD:HelpDesk_SLM_Join_Outer) and core layer (e.g CAI:Event Parameters)
o Experience configuring and administering BMC SmartIT and MyIT modules (version 9.x and newer).
o Troubleshooting experience when working with product vendor and customers including the creation and tracking of BMC help desk tickets.
o Experience with migrating code and data into and between Remedy environments using the desktop import tool, import/export console and Remedy Migrator tool.
Academic and Technical Qualifications:
o HNC or equivalent in Telecommunications, IP, IT or similar
o ITIL v3 foundation Desirable
Other technical expertise, experience and knowledge:
o Understanding of ITIL, SIAM and IT Service Management concepts.
o Experience with SQL databases including ability to identify core tables and perform data selects and updates.
o Experience hosting Google Hangout/WebEx/Telepresence screen share conferences with technical teams to expedite the resolution of critical Remedy issues.
o Demonstrable ability to identify improvements in Technical Support SLAs e.g. Incident Resolution, Availability Management, Operate and Maintenance etc.
o Knowledgeable in Mobile and Public Safety Communication technologies and critical services
o Experience of administrating Virtual environments using ESXi technologies, Citrix, Horizon View
o Good knowledge of OSS/BSS Applications such as BMC Remedy, HP Openview, Netcool etc - Desirable